X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE

If you are a fan of the former television series, you should rush out of see the this movie, like a worker rushing for the door at closing time.
If you are NOT a devotee to the TV series, this is a decent picture, that you can catch if you have the time.
You must forgive major gaps in logic to make this film work.
I FOUND IT INCREDIBLE THAT THE F.B.I. WOULD AGONIZE OVER THE SOURCE OF INFORMATION THAT WAS HELPING THEM SOLVE A CRIME, RATHER THAN EMBRACE THE INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF THE PURITY OF THE SOURCE. IF YOU ARE TELLING ME THE WINNER OF THE FIFTH RACE
AT CHURCHHILL DOWNS, I DON'T MUCH CARE ABOUT HOW YOU GET THE INFORMATION, I AM MOSTLY CONCERNED ABOUT AND VERY APPRECIATIVE OF THE CORRECTNESS OF THE DATA.
I found the blending of a missing person case and the treatment of a sick child, to be a scenario that did not work. The hospital STORYLINE seemed to be included to pad out the running time of the movie.
BILLY CONNOLLY and DAVID DUCHOVNY held the story together. MOST OF WHAT GILLIAN ANDERSON WAS ASKED TO DO WAS POINTLESS FILLER, UNTIL THE END, WHERE SHE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING MEANINGFUL,THAT HELPED MOVE THE STORY TO ITS CONCLUSION.

No comments: