SEVEN POUNDS

Seven Pounds is an intelligent film. It has a good story to tell.

Rosario Dawson gives the best performance of her life. She understates the physical and emotional pain and suffering of her character, in a way that makes you feel the agony more than if she cried and screamed aloud. Dawson’s passion and yearning for love is palpable and she should be nominated for an Academy Award.

I can’t really recommend this film, because, it is creepy.

The creepy way the tale unfolds does not aid the film, it distracts from it. Will Smith's character is not easy to embrace, there is a dark side to his mysterious plan of action and the audience is not buying the upbeat gift wrapping at the end of the movie.

A hard film to review – so much good stuff, but they picked a strange way to tell the story and the way they told the story, took away from the story and
dominated the film – think of it this way – I am telling you a great story about my first girl-friend – but I telling you the story as I am racing my car down the highway at 100 miles an hour – is your mind on my wonderful story or are you more concerned about my driving ?

THIS IS A FILM THAT I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING IT GIVEN ONE STAR OR FOUR STARS – BECAUSE OF THE INVOLVEMENT OF DEATH AND GRIEVING IN
THIS FILM, IT HAS A ELEMENT OF PERSONAL IMPACT ON THE AUDIENCE THAT GOES BEYOND JUST FILM CRITICISM.

I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU SEE THE FILM BECAUSE THE SUBJECT MATTER IS SO POWERFUL, BUT AS A FILM, I CAN’T OKAY THE WAY THEY HANDLED THE
MATERIAL –> MY SPEEDING CAR ANALOGY.

No comments: