SUNSHINE CLEANING

I took 24 hours to reach this conclusion about “Sunshine Cleaning,” it is the best picture of 2009 and I find it difficult to imagine anything topping it in the near future.
It has no hot stars, no special production values, no imaginative storyline, nothing to say about the great issues of our era, no grand conflicts between good and evil.
“Sunshine Cleaning” is about little, unimportant people, trying to find or make their way in the world. Even more than “Slumdog Millionaire,” you are compelled by a combination of great writing, direction and acting, to care about every single character in this story.
That is the greatness of this film and it took me an entire day to realize what a gift this movie is – a film where the characters, not gadgets, explosions or aliens are the focal point. I hated to see it end, I wanted to know how events would play out.
As I said, this movie makes you care and I would love to see a sequel. One last point, these characters are not good or bad, they are human, we know these people.
THE FINE CAST:
AMY ADAMS - EMILY BLUNT - ALAN ARKIN - STEVE ZAHN - AMY REDFORD -
CLIFTON COLLINS, JR. - PAUL DOOLEY - JASON SPEVACK -MARY LYNN RAJSKUB
WRITER - MEGAN HOLLEY
DIRECTOR - CHRISTINE JEFFS

No comments: