PLANET OF THE APES - 2011

The special effects are magnificent. It is difficult to imagine the creation of the environment of the apes could be any better.
If the entire movie stayed on the apes, it would be terrific, but when the story wanders away from direct contact with the apes, the story has problems.
A theatre employee asked me what grade I would give this film. I said a top grade was not possible, the film had peaks and valleys. I am conflicted because the peaks were
very entertaining and visually exciting, but there were too many moments when the story seemed to go no where.
I think everyone should see this film, but be prepared to have at least 30% of your time ill used, while you wait for the 70% that is spectacular.
A special salute to Andy Serkis, he is super as the ingenious ape leader, appropriately named Caesar.

No comments: