DRIVE

I looked at the topic of this film --- a getaway driver -- and predicted a lot of action and no story worth viewing.
I was very wrong.
This is a dynamic film, even in the quietest moments, it holds your full attention.
Nothing is predictable and every twist and turn is compelling. I was waiting for the plot to go off the road, crash and burn, it never did.
This is a romantic film with no graphic sexual content, that is very rare these days.
I want to salute the entire cast for their great performances, but I will settle for this
short list:
RYAN GOSLING AS THE DRIVER IS THE RIGHT MAN IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
CAREY MULLIGAN - AS THE YOUNG MOTHER WITH BOTH A HUSBAND AND BOYFRIEND. SHE HAS RECOVERED FROM BEING MIS-DIRECTED IN THE RECENT
"WALL STREET" UPDATE.
ALBERT BROOKS, GIVING A DRAMATIC PERFORMANCE AFTER A LONG CAREER IN COMEDY.
BRUCE CRANSTON IS SOLID AS THE POOR SOUL, IN OVER HIS HEAD.
RON PERLMAN BEING SCARY, HIS SPECIALTY.

No comments: