DR. SEUSS / LORAX


 I have to thank Mr. and Mrs. Reback for allowing Hunter 
( age 6 ) and Shelby (age 10 ), to guide me through the world of Dr. Seuss.  I would have be hopelessly lost without the guidance of these two fine students from Bell's Crossing Elementary, in Simpsonville, South Carolina.

 The eagerness to express their reactions to this film told me all I needed to know about the production.  Despite the age difference, they both profited from the messages woven into the fabric of this movie. Both saw the danger of abusing the environment and upsetting the balance of nature. Both realized that the greed and selfish behavior of one character could destroy the quality of life for an entire community. The kids recognized the use of marshmallows to corrupt the citizens. Mom contributed a vote of praise for the musical score.

No comments: