NIGHTS IN RODANTHE

WHY GIVE A MOVIE A NAME THAT FOLKS ARE NOT SURE HOW TO PRONOUNCE AND CAN’T REMEMBER – THAT CAN’T BE GOOD FOR THE BOX OFFICE.
I drove to the theatre thinking "chick flick." I am going to suffer through 97 minutes of, "I love you, you love me, we love each other." That was not the case. This was a very good movie about the fragile nature of both relationships and life itself.
The beauty of the seashore and the raw power of a North Carolina hurricane were as important to the story as any of the human characters.
Decades ago, Diane Lane had the power in "Lonesome Dove" / Richard Gere had the power in "An Officer and a Gentleman" -- both still retain that ability to make us care.
Grief was also a character in this film - it competes with romance for a starring role.
Mark, my pharmacist, asked me to recommend a movie to take the wife to see - now I know what to tell him.

No comments: