NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

This is my first time watching more than two minutes of a “Nightmare on Elm Street” movie. I feel like I have visited a national landmark. The franchise goes back to at least 1984.

Reviewing this long running cult film episode will do little to encourage or discourage viewers; I see every James Bond movie – good, bad or indifferent. The Freddy Krueger devotees are just as loyal to their guy.
If I proclaim this film to be superior to “Gone With the Wind” or inferior to the worst Zombie movie, the same exact number of Freddy Fans will buy tickets.
Now, having said all this, I thought it was a pretty well made and fast paced rendering of the plot. They spaced out the bodies very well and there was a solid mystery concerning the guilt or innocence of the much maligned Mr. Krueger.
As with James Bond, it should dawn on the audience that the featured player will cheat death in the end, the fascination is how that goal will be accomplished.

No comments: