TRUE GRIT - 2010

To those folks who know me, this is a rare occasion - I am singing the praises of an updated version of a classic film.
I myself am amazed that I can only find one bad thing to say about this Coen Brothers remake of the John Wayne wild west saga -- it ended. I did not want to see it end - another two hours with this great cast and earthy story with the high toned language from uneducated
characters, would be heaven to me.
I feel I am betraying the critics oath, but I can't find a negative word to write about this Christmas gift to the fans of western movies. Miss it at your peril.

The cast is just marvelous and to single them out for praise is pointless - if they are in this film, they played their part to perfection. When a team plays with that appearance of being a well oiled machine, you know there is good management behind those athletes.

The Coen Brothers have put all the pieces together and made this fine film possible.

I cringe as I wait to hear someone say they hated this movie - and then they reveal that they don't like westerns. If you get seasick, avoid seven day ocean cruises - don't knock the
ship you were on.

This is a fine production and it should be embraced by those who love quality film making.

Again, I won't list the cast, but if they were in this film, they did a great job.

EVERY CHARACTER IN THE STORY WAS WORTHY OF PRAISE AND THAT REFLECTS WELL ON THE WRITERS - OF BOTH VERSIONS - THESE ARE
CHARLES DICKENS-LIKE CHARACTERS.

No comments: