Okay, about 40% of "Hall Pass" is either silly or gross. The remaining 60% is really interesting.
If you want to make a case for this being a bad movie, they have given you amble evidence. Yet, the audience at the showing I attended were laughing out loud on a regular basis and I soon joined them.
This film overcomes the goofy elements and ends up holding your attention and concern to the very last moment.
If you don't see this film, your life will not be damaged, but it you see it, your life will be uplifted, because this film does have something
important to say about love and marriage over the long haul.
Forgive them their missteps and this is a good movie for folks over age 35.
CHRISTINA APPLEGATE of TV's MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, is
showing her years, which are exaggerated by the fact that she was a mere teen when we first saw her, but she still has "it."
The new girl on the block is NICKY WHELAN - she is part of that good
60% I mentioned earlier.