BELLE


  A young actress you never heard of, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, teamed with female director, Amma Asante and female writer, Misan Sagay, to bring us this gift. I feel blessed that I am among the small band of people who have seen this motion picture; the number will continue to grow as "the word" spreads.  All three of these key ladies are of African descent.
If I was to record everything wrong with this film, I would have to submit a blank page to my editor and forfeit my paycheck.  On the other hand, were I to mention all the grand moments in "Belle", I would exceed the space allotted my column and bring chaos to the paper.
Most people have not heard of this production, that tells you there are no zombies or machines that have political ambitions to control the earth.  Those type of movies have round  the clock TV exposure, unlike this rare gem.
  This wonderful story concerns inter-racial relations, family unity, social class status Issues, love / romance, racism, slavery, mass murder and  the search for justice in the courts. All this is set in England, circa 1760.
 This is more than we are usually asked to handle, there are no mindless moments in "Belle", but I welcomed the intellectual challenge and if you don't, avoid "Belle".
     I could go on giving you my personal opinion about this work of art, but maybe action continues to speak louder than words -----  the audience applauded as the credits rolled--- how often do you encounter  that grand tribute to a movie?
                                                                    *****************
          If you miss "Belle" in the theater, be sure to arrange things at home so you have
     two hours with no phones ringing or interruptions of any kind.  This film requires your full
      attention or you will miss key points as this story brings all the elements together
       at the end.



Movie review to The Spring Creek Sun



  A young actress you never heard of, Gugu Mbatha-Raw,

teamed with female director, Amma Asante and female writer, Misan Sagay, to bring us this gift. I feel blessed that I am among the small band of people who have seen this motion picture; the number will continue to grow as "the word" spreads.  All three of these key ladies are of African descent.

If I was to record everything wrong with this film, I would have to submit a blank page to my editor and forfeit my paycheck.  On the other hand, were I to mention all the grand 
moments in "Belle", I would exceed the space allotted my column and bring chaos to the paper.
Most people have not heard of this production, that tells you there are no zombies or
machines that have political ambitions to control the earth.  Those type of movies have
round  the clock TV exposure, unlike this rare gem.
  This wonderful story concerns inter-racial relations, family unity, social class status 
Issues, love / romance, racism, slavery, mass murder and  the search for justice in the courts. All this is set in England, circa 1760.
This is more than we are usually asked to handle, there are no mindless moments in "Belle", but I welcomed the intellectual challenge and if you don't, avoid "Belle".
    I could go on giving you my personal opinion about this work of art, but maybe action continues to speak louder than words -----  the audience applauded as the credits rolled---how often do you encounter  that grand tribute to a movie?
                                                      *****************
          If you miss "Belle" in the theater, be sure to arrange things at home so you have
     two hours with no phones ringing or interruptions of any kind.  This film requires your full
      attention or you will miss key points as this story brings all the elements together
       at the end.

No comments: