MARLEY AND ME

Marley and Me is a sure fire winner. Very few of us will reject a good story about a family pet.
OWEN Wilson and Jennifer Aniston are newlyweds who adopt a dog and bond with their neurotic pet on a very emotional level. Marley is a true member of the family, with all the baggage that an odd ball cousin would bring to the household.

I read that over 30 dogs were used to carry out the various stunts that Marley performs. I am surprised that more dogs were not needed. Marley is up to something mischievous 90% of his time on the screen.

In her brief scene as a dog trainer, the late, Joyce Van Patten is wonderful. I made a mistake in my newspaper weekly column, this role was played by KATHLEEN TURNER, I knew that and still wrote J.V.P. -- WHY I DON'T KNOW.

I ALSO WROTE LUKE INSTEAD OF OWEN WILSON, BUT A COLLEAGUE AT THE NEWSPAPER CAUGHT THAT ERROR AND FIXED IT BEFORE THE PRESSES ROLLED.

Alan Arkin steals the show from everyone, but Marley, as the all knowing newspaper editor.

There is a serious ending to all the fun and games, but I think young folks will be able to handle the realsitic conclusion and profit from what they experience.

No comments: