WATCHMEN

This is a difficult film to evaluate since I am unfamiliar with the graphic novel roots of the characters. I am sure fans of these superheroes will rate this movie higher than I will.

The first half of “Watchmen” was very interesting and did a decent job of providing background on the various characters.

Part of the problem with this film was the desire to do too much, the show runs two hours and forty three minutes, that is a long time, even for the most devoted fans.

The production values are first class and the unknown cast does a fine job. While I didn’t understand all the intrigue between villains and heroes,
I feel this film, despite its flaws, is worth experiencing for the ethical issues it raised in its last twenty minutes. The need for sacrifice and using fear to motivate good behavior.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THERE IS A QUOTE IN THIS FILM THAT I HAVE TO MENTION -IT JUST BROKE THE AUDIENCE UP WITH LAUGHTER AND I DON'T THINK IT WILL SPOIL IT TO MENTION IT -

A PRISONER IS ATTACKED BY A FELLOW INMATE - AFTER BEATING THE ATTACKER DOWN LIKE A STRAY DOG - THE PRISONER ANNOUNCES TO THE ENTIRE POPULATION THAT
HE IS NOT LOCKED IN WITH THEM,
THEY ARE LOCKED IN WITH HIM AND THEY ARE IN DANGER.

No comments: