GNOMEO AND JULIET

Like a police officer, I took back-up with me to the theatre. I always fear that having passed age 21
during the administration of President Lyndon B. Johnson will negatively influence my view of an animated film.
My grandson, Frankie, and I conferred and we agreed to this evaluation. "Gnomeo and Juliet" will be a big hit with audiences of kids in the fourth grade and below. The show we attended seemed to have attracted
this age group and pleased them to the hilt. The parents were happy to see the kids enjoying themselves, which is always a good thing.
This film did not have enough punch to hold the interest of older age groups. It seems like the film was intended to only reach the early childhood demographic.
Unlike several recent animated films, this one was not aimed at sending a philosophical message which would transcend age differences and that is fine so long as you realize that before going to the show.

No comments: